Inheritance Law / Estate Planning
Successful transition of your property or business to the next generation requires careful planning in order to protect your assets and minimize transfer and estate taxes and fees. A will is always not enough to ensure that your wealth will be preserved for your heirs.
- Processing Latvian inheritance requests
- Representation in all probate matters before Latvian courts
- Representation in all probate matters before Latvian notaries
- Representation regarding disputes with other potential heirs
- Minimization of Latvian transfer taxes and Latvian estate taxes
- Interplay of United States and Latvian Tax Law
- Revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, asset protection trusts
If you are the heir of a property or estate in Latvia, Spigulis and Kukainis can assist with administration issues related to the assets of the estate.
- Identifying and taking inventory of the estate assets
- Property, bank accounts, personal belongings
- Collecting/Paying debts owed to the estate
- Appraisal of assets
- Filing and paying estate and other transfer taxes and fees
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries.